- What: Bitterroot Trout Unlimited October 2014 program
- Program title: Three Men, Three Rivers
- When: Thursday, Oct 16, 2014, 7:00 PM
- Where: Hamilton Elks Lodge, 203 State St, Hamilton, Montana
- Speaker: Mike Gurnett, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks (MFWP)
The award winning documentary that chronicles the enduring conservation efforts of Bud Lilly, George Grant and Dan Bailey on the Madison, Big Hole and Yellowstone Rivers. Bud, George and Dan started Trout Unlimited in Montana and the video has wonderful footage of them along with spectacular scenic shots. Dan had already died when the video was made, so his long-time friend Charlie Waterman stood in as his avatar.
MFWP's Mike Gurnett produced and directed this documentary that won the 1993 NY Film Festival Gold Medal for documentaries, the 1993 Outdoor Writers of America film of the year, and other prestigious awards.
Thanks to Mike we will be raffling off 2 copies of the video (DVD format) and the last of the movie posters personally signed by Bud, George, and Charlie. This documentary is fishing history at its finest and you won't want to miss it!
The program will begin at 7:00 pm on Thursday, October 16 at the Hamilton Elks Club at 203 State Street. The meeting is open to the public and there is no charge for admission.
And don't forget we will be having dinner with Mike at 5:00 pm at the Spice of Life. Long-time BRTU support Karen Suennen will donate 10% of the proceeds to our club.
For more information, contact BRTU Chapter President Ross Rademacher (email@example.com) or Greg Chester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Information for Spice of Life Cafe
and Catering 163 S 2nd St Hamilton, Montana
(406) 363-4433 click here for Directions | Menu | Hours