- What: Bitterroot Trout Unlimited January 2015 program
- Program title: Bringing a trout stream back to life
- When: Thursday, Jan 15, 2015, 7:00 PM
- Where: Hamilton Elks Lodge, 203 State St, Hamilton, Montana
- Speaker: Casey Hackathorn, Montana Trout Unlimited
The upper Clark Fork River was assassinated by decades of copper mining in the headwaters. Heavy metals and other poisons strangled the fish and insect, creating the largest superfund site in the world! Once the Milltown Dam was removed, restoration started in earnest. Montana TU is playing a crucial part in resuscitating the fishery and bringing the river back to life. Casey Hackathorn is the TU coordinator on this project and he will tell us about what will probably rank as one of the environmental miracles of our generation. The Clark Fork is the quintessential example of how easy it is to kill a river, and what a herculean effort is needed to bring it back to life. As the current Montana legislature is talking about allowing the Smith River to be “Clark Forked” by a new copper mine, this program is more important than ever. Don’t miss it!
The program will begin at 7:00 pm on Thursday, January 15, the Hamilton Elks Club at 203 State Street. The meeting is open to the public and there is no charge for admission.
And don't forget we will be having dinner with Casey at 5:00 pm at the Spice of Life. Long-time BRTU support Karen Suennen will donate 10% of the proceeds to our club.
- Information for Spice of Life Cafe
and Catering 163 S 2nd St Hamilton, Montana
(406) 363-4433 click here for Directions
Street Hamilton, MT 59840-2522
(406) 363-3031 Click here for directions